Spring Internship at BIRD
Interns at BIRD work on both short term and long term projects. You will be working in a small vibrant team campaigning for human rights in Bahrain. You will also work in a group specifically on long term research projects. Internships at BIRD last for three months.
- Researching, writing and content-gathering for key campaigns and projects
- Advocacy on social media platforms
- Track subjects in the media and provide summaries
- Assist in the sharing of expertise on specific human rights topis
- Assist with the drafting and delivery of communications
- Assist in the daily administrative activities of the office.
- The internship will involve a wide variety of duties depending on the particular skills of the successful candidates. Additional duties may include but are not limited to: political research, legal research, policy research, event organisation and logistics, administration, writing for publication, proof reading and editing.
Qualifications and Skills
We would expect the successful intern to have the following:
1. An undergraduate/graduate in a related subject e.g. Law, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Politics, etc.
2. Excellent written and spoken English.
3. Excellent communication & networking skills.
4. Strong research skills.
5. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
6. The ability to work in a small team effectively.
7. Demonstrable interest in universal human rights and the Gulf region.
1. Language skills: French, Spanish or Arabic.
2. Past experience in working for an NGO or charity.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and a brief writing sample no more than 600 words to “firstname.lastname@example.org“. Please use “Spring Internship Ref 16” as the subject title of your email.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Closing Date: 18 March 2016