We are seeking creative and passionate applicants to be part of our tight-knit team to help us raise awareness on human rights issues in Bahrain and the Arab Gulf states. As an intern at BIRD, you will make a valuable contribution to our ongoing activities. You will aid us in our fundraising, day-to-day operations, and organisation of our campaigns and advocacy. You will also have an opportunity to learn about how human rights work at an international level, at the United Nations and within the European Union, and the impact of human rights policies in international relations.
Duration: 3 months
Closing Date: Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Intern travel and lunch expenses will be paid by BIRD.
- Assist in researching and applying for funding and grant applications.
- Assist in the execution of our long-term fundraising plan.
- Assist in social media campaigns and the drafting of external communications.
- Assist in the execution of crowdfunding campaigns.
- Review the weekly, monthly and annual output of the organisation.
- Arrange for BIRD’s participation in public events.
- Assist with administrative duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
We would expect a successful applicant to have the following:
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in a relevant subject, or to be enrolled in one.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication & networking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a small team.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrable interest in universal human rights and the Gulf region.
- Experience working with twitter and social media campaigns.
- Language skills: Arabic highly desirable
- Experience of writing grant applications.
- Experience of grassroots fundraising, e.g. in a student society.
- Experience of working for an NGO, charity or with the UK Parliament.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2017 Operations Internship”.
The covering letter should be no longer than one side of A4.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.